Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Riding bikes to school!

Since school started, Carter and Cambree have been begging us to ride their bikes to school. We have so many mixed emotions about letting them ride to school. They have been on my case all week about buying them bike locks. They specifically wanted bike locks with keys and not combinations. At first I was hesitant, but I figured, hey, forgetting a combination is as easy as losing a key, so what the heck! Well, I went to walmart, bought them each a nice lock and luckily they each came with 3 keys. This morning they were so excited. I decided to ride over with them and give them a lesson on how to lock their bikes up, work their locks, and how to not lose their key! Maybe I am an extra worry-wart Dad, but I worry about them not watching for cars, I worry about them not making it to school on time, I worry about them losing their key or not being able to work the lock, and I worry about their bikes getting stolen. Probably the biggest thing I worry about is Carter leaving Cambree in the dust and Cambree getting all upset and crying. Oh well, after a lot of lecturing this morning, Carter assured me that he would take good care of his sister. I felt a little better when I got to their school and saw how many kids actually ride their bikes. Luckily, we don't live too far away.

1 comment:

the5johnsons said...

Oh it's so hard to let them grow up. I am the same way. I worry soo much.